24 Walt Disney World Facts You’ll Wish You Knew About Sooner
In 2013, 18.58 million of us visited the Magic Kingdom, making it basically probably the most visited theme park on the planet. With 18.58 million friends, the Magic Kingdom bagged the title of basically probably the most visited theme park on the planet for the fifth consecutive yr in 2013, and that―ideas you―is just certainly one of many Four theme parks on the Walt Disney World Resort, Florida. Apparently, moreover the first of the 4.
The Walt Disney World Resort has Four theme parks, two water parks, and 27 themed motels to its credit score rating.
World Disney World Resort Information
- The Walt Disney World opened its door for the world on October 1, 1971, with the Cinderella Citadel-famed Magic Kingdom. Better than a decade later, on October 1, 1982, the Epcot―a theme park dedicated to worldwide custom and technological innovation―was added to the resort. Whereas Would possibly 1, 1989, marked the introduction of Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom was added on April 22, 1998.
- The Magic Kingdom Park―basically probably the most visited theme park on the planet―is the place the Disney characters come to life. Its themed lands embrace the Important Avenue, U.S.A., Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Sq., Fantasyland, and Tomorrowland.
- The Experimental Prototype Neighborhood of Tomorrow, abbreviated as a result of the EPCOT, is a metropolis of the long-term which was designed by Walt Disney himself. It is divided into two main themed areas, the Future World and the World Showcase.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios is impressed by the Hollywood of 1930s and 1940s. It is divided into six themed areas: the Hollywood Boulevard, Echo Lake, Streets of America, Animation Courtyard, Pixar Place, and the Sunset Boulevard.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park has animal conservation as its theme. It is extra divided into seven distinct areas: Oasis, Discovery Island, Camp Minnie-Mickey, Africa, Rafiki’s Planet Watch, Asia, DinoLand U.S.A., and Avatar: World of Pandora.
Fascinating Information regarding the Walt Disney World
- The Walt Disney World Resort spans a house of 27,258 acres (42.59 sq mi), making it roughly of an identical dimension as San Francisco. The Magic Kingdom theme park in itself unfolds over a house of 107 acres, which makes it greater than the 85-acre Disneyland California.
- The Disney World is a crucial single-site employer in America. It employs higher than 62,000 of us and spends over USD 1.2 billion on their salaries. The workers of Disney World are often known as solid members, given that they’re always ‘on stage’.
- Spherical 25 million of us go to the Walt Disney World Resort yearly. The Magic Kingdom alone has over 17 – 18 million friends a yr. Equally, the Epcot has between 10 – 11 million friends, whereas Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Disney’s Hollywood Studios have spherical 9 – 10 million each.
- Every theme park is represented by a particular attraction. Whereas the Magic Kingdom is represented by Cinderella’s Citadel, EPCOT is represented by Spaceship Earth, Disney’s Hollywood Studios by The Sorcerer’s Hat, and lastly, Disney’s the Animal Kingdom by The Tree of Life.
- If the Magic Kingdom is actually probably the most visited theme park on the planet, Disney’s Hurricane Lagoon boasts of being basically probably the most visited water park on the planet. Furthermore, it moreover has certainly one of many worlds largest outside wave swimming pools to its credit score rating.
- At 189 ft, the Cinderella Citadel is the tallest building in Disney’s Magic Kingdom. The Citadel appears loads taller than it truly is, due to the ‘compelled perspective’ method utilized to it.
- The Spaceship Earth―the 18-story building that serves as a result of the principal gateway to the Epcot theme park―weighs a whopping 16-million lb. The event of this gigantic building took higher than 2 years, and it was opened on October 1, 1982.
- The Pirates of Caribbean attraction on the Magic Kingdom was renovated when the blockbuster Hollywood flick, Pirates of the Caribbean: Lifeless Males’ Chest launched, and a number of other different characters from the movie, along with Jack Sparrow and Hector Barbossa, have been added to it.
- The Swiss Family Treehouse in Adventureland― a product of concrete and polyethylene leaves―is 60-ft tall and weighs roughly 200 tons. It was certainly one of many distinctive factors of curiosity when the resort opened on October 1, 1971.
- The 12 statues erected in The American Journey attraction on the Epcot, the Spirits of America symbolize Journey, Compassion, Discovery, Freedom, Heritage, Independence, Individualism, Innovation, Data, Pioneering, Self-Reliance, and Tomorrow.
- Dino-Sue on the Disney’s Animal Kingdom is a life-size replica of the Tyrannosaurus rex, which towers Four tales over DinoLand USA.
- The 183-ft Space Mountain is a 2-minute 30-second expertise which sends you on a high-speed journey into the ‘darkest reaches of outer home’.
- The 13 lanterns hanging on the Liberty Tree―a Southern Dwell Oak―symbolize the 13 colonies. Apparently, the tree in itself is larger than 100 years earlier.
- The Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith at Disney’s Hollywood Studios accelerates from 0 – 60 mph in merely 2.eight seconds.
- Spanning 500 acres, Disney’s Animal Kingdom boasts of being crucial Disney theme park and the second largest theme park on the planet; crucial being the Six Flags Good Journey in New Jersey.
- Walt Disney did each half potential to make it possible for the problems which plagued the Disneyland didn’t affect the Disney World. He even went to the extent of shopping for an enormous house and looking for land throughout the title of dummy firms primarily to rule out the possibilities of various firms mushrooming throughout the neighborhood. Sadly though, he died of lung most cancers on December 15, 1966, even sooner than the event of this resort began.